- Your child benefits
- Meet nice people
- Get to know teachers, staff and other parents
- We match jobs to interests and skills
- There’s a lot to be done
- The work is rewarding
- We honor your time constraints
- Some volunteer work can be done from home
- We have fun!
There are many ways to volunteer at Bill Roberts. No amount of time is too small. Keep in mind that many of these roles have a process in place and other parents to help you, so you don’t have to start from scratch, we promise! If you are interested in volunteering to support a committee or are looking for committee descriptions please email.
We would love you to be a part of our Bill Roberts PTA Family! Joining the PTA is a great way to meet other parents and feel part of the school community. We honor your time constraints and never assign you to something that is too much.
Contact the PTA President at email@example.com if you are interested in any of the committees listed, or if you would like to help out in other ways.
We are specifically needing to fill these volunteer roles for the coming school year:
Fall Event Needs
- Fun Run Volunteers (September or October, planning starts in June)
- Family Dance Volunteers (December, planning starts in November)
Spring Event Needs
- Auction Co-chair & Volunteers (March, planning starts in January)
- Carnival Co-Chair & Volunteers (May, planning starts in March)
DPS Volunteer Portal
DPS now requires all volunteers, whether helping in the library or in a classroom, attending a field trip, or volunteering for PTA, to apply for a background check using their new online process.
This new process offers:
- Fast access to apply on any device with wifi or internet access
- No paper forms needed and takes less than 5 minutes to complete
- Apply once to volunteer at all DPS schools
- Emails and approval sent to you directly with shorter turn-around time
- Friendly reminder to re-apply
Visit the DPS Volunteer Portal to get started.
- I want to volunteer at the school during the day. What are my options?
- There are many options for volunteering at the school. Some suggestions would be to volunteer to be a room parent by contacting our parent volunteer chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up to volunteer in the library, Food Bank committee, Welcoming committee, Garden Committee or 100 Mile Club.
- My schedule does not allow me to volunteer during the day but I would still love to help. Are there things I can do from home?
- You can sign up to help with any of the events we plan also have opportunities to help from home, including the Auction, Carnival, Greet and Give, Family Dance and Fun Run.
- I really like to plan events. Are there events at Bill Roberts that need volunteers?
- Bill Roberts has many events throughout the year that need volunteers.
A complete list of PTA volunteer committees with direct email contacts is available on the PTA page.