Why do we fundraise?
Denver Public Schools funds basic education, but there is nothing basic about Bill Roberts. In order to provide all of the amazing extras that our children receive every day, the Bill Roberts PTA encourages every family to make a direct financial contribution to the school. No contribution is too small and certainly none is too large.
And who is “we?”
We are the parents and teachers who have gotten involved at Bill Roberts as volunteers for the PTA. The more we participate, the more we have realized the need for financial support, so we work to make it happen, all in support of education for all of our children.
At the start of every school year, the Bill Roberts PTA organizes a series of Greet & Give parties. These parties are open to all Bill Roberts families and are a great opportunity to get to know the school community and learn about how the PTA uses families’ donations to improve our children’s overall education.
What you may not know about PTA Fundraising
- If every family contributes $20 per month for each student they have at Bill Roberts we will raise over $192,000 through Direct Giving alone!
- 100% of the money that PTA raises goes directly to support Bill Roberts.
- Your active participation helps the PTA raise more than $160,000 a year – an amazing feat!
- The money raised directly fund various programs including: specials, scholarships, family programs, staff support and more!
- This money makes a huge difference in the quality of education and support that our children receive at Bill Roberts.
- 100% of your donation is tax-deductible.
- You can pay in monthly installments, no donation is too small!
- Why do we need to raise money?
- While we do get money from the school district, there are some things that are funded by donations from our amazing families…things like paras, SMARTLab materials and specials including art, drama, music and PE.
- Is there a minimum to donate?
- No! Some donate what they’d spend on a night out, some donate monthly, some donate hundreds, some give whatever amount they can. EVERY donation, no matter the size, helps keep our school great.
- What if I want to donate a bit at a time?
- You can! In fact, this is a popular way to give. You can visit our website anytime and donate any amount monthly.
- What if I want to give $2/day for my child’s education?
- That’s $29/month! Yep, 174 days of school times $2 divided by 12 months = $29